The Ottawa Paw Pantry requires an innovative Fundraising team leader to strategically fundraise the operations of our organization.
This volunteer team member will be responsible for meeting organization fundraising goals, working towards reaching sustainability. You will be the one to manage planning and processes to secure pet food and monetary donations from our community and Community Partners.
A great asset for a Fundraising team leader is their ability to carry projects through to completion, using strong organizational and collaborative skills. The ideal candidate will have great record keeping abilities and the ability to see the organization from a larger perspective.
- Managing a team of volunteers to assist with initiatives and event planning
- Plans (with direction of the Executive Director and/or Board) and implements all fund development activities of the Ottawa Paw Pantry, including current and planned giving programs
- Accepts gifts from donors and assures that receipts and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy, including through social media via the Communications team leader
- Actively research and prepare grant applications for funding projects
- Provide training for new fundraisers as well as ongoing training to current fundraisers
- Ensure that all events and locations are fully staffed with the required materials at all time, with the assistance of otherteam leaders
- Attends all meetings of the Fundraising Committee, and team meetings
- Assists in the orientation of fundraising volunteers, and committee members
- Maintains all donor and fund development records
- Works closely with other team leaders to create all collateral materials including, but not limited to, brochures, newsletters, posters, special projects, and annual reports
- Fund development experience, with the ideal candidate having experience with grant applications
- Highly comfortable meeting corporate and individual donors face-to-face, and conducting donor phone calls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas that will inspire board members and donors
- Enthusiastic about fundraising, with the ability to lead by example and coach others while helping to improve their skills in the realm of direct fundraising
- Excellent attention to detail and strong math skills
- Working knowledge of a smartphone and Google Docs preferred
Email email@example.com with the position as the subject line, and tell us why you’d make a great fundraising team leader.