The Ottawa Paw Pantry requires an efficient Logistics team leader to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of our organization.
This volunteer team member will manage the entire inventory cycle, so as to enhance efficiency and ensure sustainability. You will be the one to manage personnel and processes to achieve the effective inventory, storage, transport, and distribution of goods.
A great asset for a Logistics team leader is their communication skills. The ideal candidate will have great record keeping abilities and a team-oriented approach.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, storage, and transportation of stock
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full inventory cycle (collection, inventory, storage, retrieval, transport, and record keeping)
- Liaise and reach out to suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and private donors with the help of the Fundraising and Communications team leaders
- Keep track of inventory, both in special diets and general stock levels
- Provide regular stock report to the Executive Directors
- Arrange storage, catalog goods, plan retrievals and transport, where needed
- Bring any arising problems or complaints directly to the Executive Directors
- Supervise, coach, and train logistics volunteers
- Maintain records, analyze data to assess sustainability, and implement improvements
- Comply with laws and regulations, and maintain cleanliness in storage
- Reports directly to the Executive Directors
- Distribution and logistics management experience a strong asset
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficiency in using a smartphone and Google Docs preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Pays special attention to detail, from keyholding to records keeping
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Desire to work to improve systems and reach TOPP goals
- Excellent attitude when facing a new challenge and developing team relations
- Valid driver’s licences and vehicle required for this role
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position as the subject line, and tell us why you’d make a great logistics team leader.