The Ottawa Paw Pantry is looking for innovative Outreach team leader to strategically focus on communications and fundraising for our organization.
This volunteer team member will work closely with a co-lead to meet organization fundraising goals to ultimately work towards reaching sustainability. Together, with the help of a committee, you will also work to expand the reach of the Ottawa Paw Pantry through traditional and new media channels. Further, communications should focus on attracting potential beneficiaries and donors, and maintain connections with our community.
The ideal co-lead has the ability to carry projects through to completion, using strong organizational and collaborative skills. The ideal candidate will have great record keeping abilities and the ability to see the organization from a larger perspective.
This team leader will work closely with the founder, other team leads (volunteer, client relations, logistics), and Community Partners.
Please note: The time commitment for this position is flexible – We want to make this work for the ideal candidate. There are busier times of the year (winter) that will likely require more time. However, there are committee members who are eager to help. By sharing the responsibility between co-leads, the idea is that there will be balance. It is estimated that approx. 8-10 hours a month will be dedicated to this role – that being said, there is room to expand that commitment should the lead chose to.
- Manage a team of volunteers to assist with initiatives and event planning
- Attend all meetings of the Outreach Committee, and team meetings
- Assist in the orientation of fundraising volunteers, and committee members
- Maintain donor and fund development records
- Ensure events and locations are staffed with the required materials at all time, with the assistance of the volunteer team lead
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about the Ottawa Paw Pantry
- Work closely with other Ottawa Paw Pantry team leaders to ensure key messages such as volunteer opportunities, event details and milestones are celebrated via new media channels.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Work closely with other team leaders to create all collateral materials including, but not limited to, brochures, newsletters, posters
- Build strategic relationships and partnerships with key industry players, community agencies, and vendors
- Demonstrated experience in communications, marketing, events or a related field
- Demonstrable cause marketing experience
- Experience with WordPress, an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Google Docs preferred
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!