The Ottawa Paw Pantry requires an outgoing Volunteer team leader to oversee all aspects of volunteer practices and processes. You will support the mission of the Ottawa Paw Pantry and ensure the proper implementation of policies and objectives.
This volunteer team member will promote corporate values and enable success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, talent management, and event staffing.
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting, training, and evaluating volunteers
- Support current and future needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital and volunteer morale
- Develop and monitor overall volunteer strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Bridge management and volunteer relations by addressing grievances or other issues
- Nurture a positive volunteer environment with an amazing attitude
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Implement and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess training needs and monitor training programs
- Reports to the Executive Directors and provides decision support through in depth understanding of the organization and its volunteers
- Management experience, especially in a volunteer setting, a strong asset
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with creative problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proficiency in using a smartphone and Google Docs preferred
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
Email email@example.com with the position as the subject line, and tell us why you’d make a great Volunteer team leader.