We wanted to take a moment to shine some light on some unsung heroes that help make the Ottawa Paw Pantry what it is. Our success depends on compassionate people who love animals and want to see them stay with their families.
As a 100% volunteer-run organization, we could not fulfill our mission without the support of our many wonderful volunteers. Thank you for your dedication and unwavering support to the people and pets throughout our community.
From our leadership team to our every day volunteers, we wanted to shine some light on the things we can do because of you:
- Reduce hunger in pets of the homeless, low-income Ottawas by providing free pet food, enabling them to keep their companion animal(s) with them
- Work with local programs to identify those in need of free pet food
- Reduce the number of pets being surrendered or abandoned due to lack of pet food, hopefully lessening the burden of homeless pets on local animal shelters & rescue groups
- Provide assistance to improve the quality of life for these companion animals through proper nutrition, medical needs & spay/neuter programs
You help us contact clients, pickup donations across the city, and plan amazing events – we appreciate all your support as we grow and expand. THANK YOU!
We are always looking to grow our volunteer group and look forward to celebrating and welcoming more volunteers. If you’re interested in joining the Ottawa Paw Pantry volunteer team, we encourage you to get in touch with us! Make sure to keep an eye on our facebook page and news section as specific volunteer opportunities get posted.
– Laura & Natalie, Managing Partners