Thank you for your interest – this position has been filled
The Ottawa Paw Pantry is currently recruiting for a new member of the leadership team. We are looking for an outgoing Volunteer Manager to oversee all aspects of volunteer practices and processes from recruitment, and screening to onboarding and ongoing support.
The successful candidate will aid in supporting the mission of the Ottawa Paw Pantry and ensure the proper implementation of policies and objectives.
The volunteer manager will identify recruitment opportunities, lead training & development (in conjunction with role manager), manage a talent pool, and aid in event staffing.
With the support of the leadership team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting, training, and evaluating volunteers
- Support current and future needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital and volunteer morale
- Nurture a positive volunteer environment
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Management experience, especially in a volunteer setting, a strong asset
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with creative problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proficiency in Google Drive preferred
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
While some weeks may be different than others, this volunteer will likely spend an average of 4-8 hours per week.
Email email@example.com with the position as the subject line, and tell us why you’d make a great Volunteer Manager.